close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How early are you there?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by treehugger, Sep 12, 2006.

1. How early do you all get out into your hunting location on opening morning of deer season, whether it be archery or firearms? I'm usually up the tree 45 minutes to an hour before legal shooting light that first day, nothing like it. As the season goes on, and I get more tired, I don't seem to get there as early but there's nothing like the early archery season and the opening day of the firearms season!

2. one hour before daylight sitting in my stand and ready

3. I normally try to be in my stand about 45min to an hour before first light. I like the quite and stillness you experience in the pre-dawn hours.

(BTW: best piece of equipment for getting to the stand in the dark is a Winchester LED head lamp I got with white or red light. The red is much easier on the eyes :) )

4. 2:00 pm in the afternoon

Unless it is colder than 40 degrees overnight, probably won't hunt a morning until Halloween. All afternoon bedding to feeding patterns.

5. First day about the same as others 45 min. After the first day it varies but then I shift to afternoon and evening.

6. I LIKE TO BE UP AT LEAST 30 MIN BEFORE I CAN SEE W/O A FLASHLIGHT. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THAT DOES NOT ALWAYS HAPPEN. AS TREE SAID, THE LATER IN THE SEASON, THE LATER I SEEM TO RUN. AFTER THREE MONTHS OF HUNTING, IT FEELS GOOD TO SLEEP IN.

7. 30 - 45 minutes in the morning.

But I prefer evening hunts for deer once the season gets going. Too many other things to hunt in the mornings, like ducks and geese.;)

8. How early will you be in your seat up in Minnesota this opening day????:evil:

9. At least 24 hours before kickoff...:mad:

10. At least 1 hour before daylight- sometimes 1 1/2 hours depending on the weather