close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How early to sit

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by coonslayer21, Sep 26, 2006.

1. How early does every one arrive on stand for the afternoon sit?

2. Early season when I am hunting field edges I usually dont go down to the fields until around 500-530. Depends on what time the deer came out the night before I suppose. If I am hunting inside the woods a good distance then Ill go a little earlier. When it comes time to hunt the pre-rut activity Ill go to the stand around 230-300. When the rut is in and the weather is cool Ill sit until around lunch time then go get something to eat and head straight back. I have never sat all day but I think this year if I get the weeks vacation ive asked for then I am going to try it a few days. We will see how that works out.

3. for afternoons i like to be in the stand by 2 in early season.

4. During The Prime Rut I Have Shot Several Deer Between The Rhs Of 11:00 To 2:00 Those Deer Know The Woods Are Least Crowded At This Time Of Day , I Believe They Pattern Hunters Much Better Than We Pattern Deer ,try Sitting All Day During This Time It Will Pay Big ,just Make Sure You Have A Very Comfortable Stand & Pack Lunch With Plenty Of Water& A Piss Bottle !!!!

5. Usually out by 2:30, 3:00 at the latest on the weekends or when I'm on vacation. When I have to work sometimes it's 4:30 - 5:00 but at least I'm out there. Longest I ever was on stand was last year on the last day of the early archery season. Spent all but 1.5 hours of daylight on stand. Left to get something to eat and went right back to the woods. There is a lot of activity that goes in the daytime that we don't know about by not being out there during that time period. I saw more bucks that day than ever.

6. on stand

Not much point of getting set up until about 3 hours left of daylight, right now. I'll start getting on stand earlier as the season progresses. Probably all day sit a few times this year, tough but worth it. Did that gun opener a couple years back in my climber and saw 14 deer, turkeys, 2 yotes and a bobcat.

7. I like to stay on the stand all day when ever I can. The last week, I've been seeing plenty of deer feeding in the fields about 3PM. I'm sure they're moving a little before that, but I can only drive out of town just so fast. If hunting the afternoon, I'd be in the stand about 1:30. For morning hunts, at least an hour before sunrise.

8. GET there Early

[​IMG]Get there Early And Keep Flashlight on....He may be WAITING!!!! Found in Northern- Indiana :yikes:

9. Rowdy

Rowdy

We wait an entire year for this season, I dont leave to woods until dark. I get to my area before the sun comes up and if I dont take a deer I watch the sun go down. I take my lunch with me in the woods. You guys are missing alot of action in the woods while talking off to get lunch and talk to buddies. I have killed alot of deer between the hours of noon and 3pm. Maybe its you guys all getting up and running me the deer...if so, Thanks! There will plenty of time to chitchat after the sun goes down. The one thing I have learned over the years is...The best time to be in the woods hunting is ANY CHANCE YOU GET.

LYONS DEN RULES!

10. i usually get in stand by 2:30-3:00 and get ready for when the late arrivers push somthing my way. I do like hunting that 11:30-1:30 settle down period as well...hell i hunt i day long usually.:bonk:

11. IN THE EARLY SEASON, I WILL NOT GO IN UNTIL LATER IN THE AFTERNOON, BECAUSE OF THE HEAT, AND LEGNTH OF DAY, SAY AROUND 4:00:-4:30PM. LATER IN THE YEAR, BEGINNING EARLY NOVEMBER, I WILL GO OUT EARLIER, LIKE 2:00. THEN IN GUN SEASON, OR DURING THE RUT, I WILL TRY TO PULL AN "ALL DAYER'

12. I like to hunt chutes and stagging areas in and out of bedding and feeding areas so i don't stand for too long. Me and my cuz have stands that have apple tree's between a corn field and since the corn is up the deer will move faster to the corn so i'll get there about 2 until dark. Morning I always get there about hour or hour and a half depending on how easy the walk is.

13. What the heck is that:confused: Is that berry Bonds cat?:hide: :hide: