close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many hunters here hunt alone?????

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by rackstalker, Mar 29, 2007.

1. I was wondering if I was the only whitetail hunter that usually hunts alone---meaning no one else on the hunting ground that you hunt. Let me know guys!

Thanks

2. I prefer to hunt alone as much as possible, like a whole farm to myself. A big part of why I hunt is the solitude that one experiences when out by your lonesome. A lot safer also with all the semi-auto shotguns out there, be glad when the PCRs' are legalized. A lot less rounds going downrange, with more accurate shooting as a result.

3. I bow hunt early bow alone...a few in laws gun hunt together, but just me in early October, and I'd almost prefer it that way. That is until my 7 year old is ready to get in that buddy stand with me! :)

4. I'm finding that each year I get less and less alone time in the deer woods. Not that that is a bad thing, just a change. As I get older, I find myself with my kids along side me more often.:coolgleam I also have a couple buddies that I drag into my deer woods on occasion in an effort to help them get a deer.

I enjoy sharing the woods with family and friends, but being out there all alone is it's own unique joy. I cherish those lonely moments out there.:coolgleam

5. I also hunt alone, here in Indiana, on my own property. Hunt with GREAT Friends in Ky though.

6. I hunt alone most of the time during archery season and like it that way. None of the landowner's family archery hunts and I am the only one that has permission to hunt their property during archery season but I have permission to take my brother with me. He goes occassionly but cannot hunt it without me. During gun season the landowner's hunt but they don't hit it real hard.

7. I hunt about 50% of the time with my brother or a friend - by myself the rest. Even when hunting with someone, we are in stands that are no where near each other, so I still get the time in the woods alone when needed. Next year, we are planning to build a raised enclosure stand for scouting and possibly some gun hunting that will allow us to bring kids along

8. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

Hunting is like going to a bar... you dont want your friends close when "big rack" walks by, but when you score you want them the be the first to see.

9. I hunt alone quite a bit, and like it. But I also really enjoy going with friends. I think sometimes us big-buck hunters get short-sighted and start to miss out on the fun times and what hunting is all about.

10. I hunt both ways. On the days I'm off through the week, I hunt alone. I really do enjoy the solitude of being in the woods alone. On the weekends I have off, I hunt with my family. I enjoy this even more. We are lucky enough to have a large woods to hunt so we are not stacked on top of one another. Last year I was able to share with my youngest grandson the experience of his first deer. I don't think anything could have topped that.

11. As I have aged I have wondered about how smart it is to be hunting alone most of the time. When I was in my 30's, 40's, and early 50's I hunted alone 90-95% of the time. After passing 55 and getting into the heart attack zone I wonder if I should really be out there by myself as much as I am, still over 50% of the time. But I can not think of a better time and place for my life to end should it happen there.

12. Good point...all the more reason to tell someone where you are...and take a cell phone!

I wouldn't mind dying in the woods either, but I don't want to do it at 34! ;)

13. I would prefer to not hunt alone. Could be I've just spent too much time in the Army, the bush of Alaska or wilds of Wyoming, but I really hate it when there's no one to watch your six.

14. I ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE SOME ONE GO WITH ME, NOW UNDERSTAND WE ARE SPACED WELL APART, BUT BOTH ON THE SAME PIECE OF GROUND. IT`S USALLY MY SON OR A LONGTIME FRIEND.

TO ME HUNTING IS SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TO ENJOY IT WITH, PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE " ELBOW ROOM" TO ACCOMODATE ALL .ALSO, IT NEVER HURTS HAVING SOMEONE AROUND TO HELP DRAG YOUR DEER OR BE THERE SHOULD AN ACCIDENT OCCUR.

15. Hunting is like sex. Alone or with someone... its a win win situation! :coolgleam