close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many of you were in the service?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Hetch Muncy, Jun 12, 2007.

1. I was in the Army from 94-97 as correction officer at Ft. Leavenworth, never had a chance to go anywhere else except to the local bars ....

2. I was a lucky winner in the draft lottery then decided to enlist for three, Army 1972-1975. Took basic at Ft Dix, AIT at Ft Belvoir then 2 1/2 years in Darmstadt Germany (94th Engineers). Started working as a civilian for the Dept of the Army in 1980 and will retire :) come this November, just in time for the waterfowl season.

3. USMC 1965-68...never left the states.

4. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I spent 5 years as a Navy Seabee, a small stint in Cali. a few years in Maryland, Loaded a c-130 for a couple trips across the sea, and ended up finishing my time in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.....if it was up to me i would have never left that place(gtmo), the best diving and fishing i have ever seen. Oh... drank a few drinks along the way...;)

5. I also was a lucket winner of the lottery,72-74. Basic fort knox,AIT ft. Dix. 18 mos. somewhere in Germany.

6. never in the services, just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your service to our country!!!!!

7. NOT JOINING A BRANCH OF THE MILITARY WHEN I WAS FRESH OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I MOST REGREAT NOT DOING IN MY LIFE. I THINK I THINK I WOULD BE A BETTER PERSON TODAY IF I HAD SPENT A FEW YEARS WITH UNCLE SAM, I`VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A PILOT.

I WENT TO COLLEGE RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND I WAS NOT MATURE ENOUGH AT THAT TIME FOR THAT FREEDOM. I GOOFED OFF AND PARTIED AND ENDED UP JUST WASTING MY TIME AND MY PARENTS MONEY.

I DID " STRAIGHTEN UP" AS I GOT OLDER, BUT I FEEL STRONGLY THAT A FEW YEARS OF UNCLE SAMS DISCIPLINE WOULD HAVE DONE ME GOOD. MY HATS OFF TO ALL VETS.

8. I 100% agree - would have been good for me right out of high school - I have tried to get my son to enlist in the coast guard, but you usually get wise enough about life after its too late :rolleyes: :)

9. 8 years total, counting Reserves and ROTC.

Did not quite 4 years active (IIRC 3yrs, 360days) in the Artillery (SP howitzers and Air Mobile) from 88 to 92 - in Germany and Alaska, with a brief stint in Special Weapons and EOD.

Missed Desert Shield/Storm literally by a plane flight. (Recall order went out 30min after I took off for duty in AK)

10. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

My brother is also in the Air force stationed in Alaska, I heard a rumor early this morning that he killed a black bear last night but havent got confirmation yet.....:bowdown:

11. Agree with F&G and BRICH60... thanks to all.