close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How not to steal gas

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by ccavacini, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

GILLETTE, Wyo. (AP) - A teenage boy accidentally set himself on fire early Wednesday morning after allegedly trying to siphon gas from a firefighter's car.

Police first learned of the injury after a 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old boy claimed that someone had thrown gasoline on the 17-year-old at the Common Cents service station and lit him on fire, said Lt. Rod Hauge.

The boy was taken to the hospital with second- and third-degree burns on his legs. Police were called to the hospital to investigate the incident and later learned that the 17-year-old spilled gas on his pants while siphoning gas. He then used a lighter to try to determine how wet his pants were and set himself of fire, Hague said. Both boys have been ticketed with larceny, Hauge said.

2. Future darwin award winner. :tongue:

3. I had the same thought when I read that.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I've got some so slow they wouldn't even consider stealing the gas at night... so they wouldn't need a lighter.....they'd do it in broad day light.

Anyway, most wouldn't even bother to look at their pants being wet, as it is an everyday occurrence for them.

5. Thats good, pants wet!! Wouldn't even notice. That is really funny!!:bonk: