close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoyt Cams

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Backstrap_Buffet05, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I'm starting to get my new Trykon all set up and all I keep reading about on archerytalk.com is how complicated they are to tune because of the hybrid cams. Should I be worried about getting it tuned perfect or are these guys just a bunch of perfection-addicted tournament shooters?

2. Yes and no.

I spend a fair amount of time on AT. Yes, a lot of the guys are perfectionists, but it is still important to tune your bow to the absolute best that you or your pro-shop can achieve. I've never messed with Hoyt's cams, but it can't be too difficult. I'd recommend you get in touch with a guy by the name of Javi over there. He's a Hoyt guru. He's got a sticky over there in the tech section on timing Hoyt cams.

Getting your bow tuned well and shooting bullet holes will not only help your general shooting, but will sure make it easier to accurately fling broad heads come hunting season.

3. I will certainly track him down. Thanks for the help.

4. the best reason for argument of why single cam bows are better than cam and a half or two cam bows. :)

5. SO...the old "ignorance is bliss" theory huh?:biggrin:
    If you can't tell it's out of sync/time/spec ...well than....it's not.:16suspect

Singles are MORE prone to stretch issues (longer string to stretch) and timeing of cam...but MUCH harder to tell.

That being said.

It really depends on what you want to do.
    Are you a year round archer?

There are those that have a bow as a tool to do a job and those that buy the gear to tinker and "hot rod" them.

If your the latter than follow Mike's (Javi) tuning guide.
    If your the former or in between...I've setup and shot a TON of Hoyts with the cam.5 system and while they can be tweaked I've never had one I couldn't get to shoot lasers right out of the box WITH the proper arrow.

I wouldn't overthink it myself untill you set it up and start shooting. Chances are your worrying over nothing adn it'll shoot bullet holes within 5 arrows.;)

6. anybody can shoot bullet holes with field tips, with any bow. but, I know what you're saying, I'll take a Hoyt bow any day.