close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoyt demo bow

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Shadygrady, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Looking at a 2016 Hoyt Defiant demo bow, #2 cam with a QAD rest, cobra 4 pin sight, not sure of the stabilizer brand/type. It's for sale for $850. Seller said it had been shot 30-35 times. Seller also stated that this bow carries a full warranty. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but my questions are... 1. Are demo bows something to stay away from? 2. Is this a good price? Thanks in advance!

2. I shoot PSE so I cannot say much about Hoyt. However I hear many good things about them and would not be opposed to owning one. I would not be worried about the fact that it is a demo bow. One of my biggest regrets in buying a bow was when I passed up a PSE Omen that was fully loaded because it was a demo bow. I did not pass it up because it was a demo, I passed it up because I wanted to put all of my own accessories on it. But for what I paid total I could have taken the demo bow with quality accessories already on it and spent much less than I did by doing everything individually. My advice would be to try and shoot it and see if it works for you. If it does and it is in your budget then I would go for it. If you are like me you do not just go out and buy a sight or rest without researching them like crazy. That usually takes up a whole lot of time before I make a purchase. If you shoot the demo and the accessories work it is a done deal. I currently shoot a QAD Ultra rest and love it. I have also shot Cobra sites and have no issues with them. So from that standpoint I do not see any issues.

3. Thanks for the advice evansl4x4! I really think its going to come down to how it feels when I shoot it. Budget shouldn't be a problem, after I sell one of my rifles and the Bear I have now. Good luck this year!

4. Good luck to you to brother. If you pull the trigger on your Hoyt post some pics.

Shadygrady likes this.