close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoyt Vectrix or Vulcan?

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by indylandon, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Anyone shot either of these bows. If you have I'd like to know what you think. I've shot both of them and I couldn't really tell a difference. The Vulcan did seem a little smoother, but I'm really concerned with accuracy past 30 yards. Will an inch less of brace hight make a difference?

2. I've shot the Vulcan but not the Vetrix yet. Really the main difference between the two are cams. They are both cam & 1/2, but they claim to be different in design. Also the Vulcan has a 6" brace height and the Vetrix has a 7" brace height. Another issue between the two is speed. the Vetrix only claims to have a 316 fps speed and the Vulcan goes 325 fps. I don't think you have to worry about how smooth one is from the other because they were both designed off of the Trykon which in my opinion is the smoothest bow out there.

3. I shot the Vulcan, but haven't shot the Vectrix. Let me say that I'm not a Hoyt guy, but I was extremely impressed with the Vulcan. At a 6" brace height, I wasn't looking forward to shooting it, but honestly, I felt it to be more forgiving then the brace height would lead you to believe it to be. Also for a SCREAMER of a bow, it was very smooth, no hand shock, and quiet.

Again, I'm not a fan of Hoyt. Nothing against them, I just don't like the looks of the riser and split limbs. All personal preference. But I was very impressed with the Vulcan. Nice bow and ....... FAAAAAAAAASSSSSSST!

4. Its like what Wyatt Earp once said....

"Speed is good, but accuracy well thats final."

Shoot which ever bow you can shoot the most accurate.

5. I'm going to go with the Vectrix. Thanks for the replys

6. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these bows, but good choice.

7. Correct...even better!!

8. I've read more posts, on different forums, of people switching from Mathews to Hoyt. Haven't read anything about people switching from Hoyt to Mathews.

9. I switched from Mathews to Hoyt last week. My dad switched from Hoyt to Mathews this fall just because he won the Mathews in a silent auction with a bid that he thought would easily lose. I guess no one wanted to pay anymore money for the Mathews, even though it was a steal. I wonder why?