close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hung up buck

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Arrowmaster, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Today as I was driving down the road, I noticed a buck hung up in a fence. I turned around and went back to help the buck. As I arrived another gentleman arrived as well. We went up to the buck and calmed him down as best we could. We ended up geting his back legs free and we tried to get him over the fence. Another guy pulled up and was stopping traffic so the buck wouldnt cross the road and hit a vehicle. Then another guy stopped and told us to put a coat over his head to calm him down. He was now stuck on his mid section. Well we ended up getting him off the fence, and he takes off runs down the fence line. As you can guess whats he do. Runs 50 yards and gets caught in the fence again. So me and the first guy go and put the coat over his head again and freed him again. This time he took off jumped in a pond, swam acroos and got out on the other side and took off. Im a deer hunter but it was gratifying to help this deer out in his time of need...

2. Good stuff Arrow. Thanks for sharing.

3. Neat story...they can sure do some crazy stuff.

4. Time to start keeping an eye out for deer moving, had 5 in the field behind the house this morning.

5. Knew we had some big deer in Indiana but didn't know they were so well hung.

6. good deed arrow

karma will repay you this fall I'm sure!!!

7. Hung up in a fence?..............must of been one that got away from ol' Jimmie Houston.:biggrin:

8. Good job Arrowmaster! A great thing you did helping that deer out. Glad everyone came away without any injuries.

9. Very Cool. I'll bet there were a few anxious moments handling that deer.

10. Treehugger, He was caught up over by the landfill on st rd 163 over by Centenary. He probably runs over by where you hunt.

11. Very neat story....a story to remember for a long time!

12. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
    :lol: :lol:

13. I know right where you are talking about. I'll keep an eye out for him. :coolgleam