Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a bad back and I want to try turkey hunting. Is there some kind of low camo chair I can use up against a tree, or some other way to do it?

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
There is...it's like a little stool but flat and low to the ground. I think the seat is like a webbed strapping material. It has a strap so you can sling it over your shoulder to carry it. If I can find a picture of one I'll post it here.

treehugger

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I always thought those that are so low to the ground could be hard on the back too. I have one that's 3-legged, but slips into a case you can pack in, like a camping chair, seat is triangle shaped and can be a bit abusive to one's tush after a long spell. I use it in the ground blind all the time. Just a walmart kinda thing. Also use a 5 gal. bucket spray painted camo with a swivel seat on top.
Always options.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turkey Day

'There's room for all Gods' creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chapstick,
I have had several back surgeries and the only way that I can cofortably hunt Turkeys is to use one of the fold up bag chairs. It is sometimes a disadvantage but where I hunt I know where the birds are so I use a well camoflaged dog house blind in one area and a make shift blind in another to keep myself hid. the chair is very comfortable and the bag that it fits in has a handle which sometimes I sling it over my shoulder just like my shotgun. My hunting partners use them too and we have had plenty of success. Ihope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts