close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hunting with lone decoy

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 12, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

i have one decoy i perchased from wal-mart for .10 cents it was one they used for disply for about two years. it's a female teal and i wanted to know if i used it could it be used by it's self or should i get a few more. i have a ditch that runs behind my house and there is at least four to six ducks in it around fall do you think this would work on them.

2. Now that really cracks me up. Are you for real? :lol: :lol: :lol: Heck ya just 1 decoy will work. :lol: :lol: :lol: G and H rules

3. Quackmaster...what about one decoy and a half dozen well placed mirrors?

4. Rowdy

Rowdy

Why am I surprised that you have a ditch in your backyard?

5. I think I'd just ditch that idea... LMFAO, One decoy?????

6. only you obk could find a decoy at walmart for 10 cents. i think quail had a good idea with the mirrors.

7. frugal or just plain cheap

obk leave the poor little ducks alone! You said you have mastered all deer in indiana ducks are not worth your majestic skill as a hunter. stay home and get on jimmy houstons line and you both can share stories.

8. Rowdy

Rowdy

Something tells me OBK puts those decoys on a piece of driftwood and calls it "down home taxidermy."

9. mabe he should find a carnival and buy some of those little yellow duckies and could set out a whole flock less than a dollar.

10. These serve a dual purpose as Muskie lures....RANDY may want to give this a try as well!!!

11. Sure sounds like your not out alot of money if it doesnt work. Just my .02 cents.

12. I've killed mallards on SMALL bodies of water with only 4 decoys before. Never tried one before so I don't know what to say to that..

13. It's been a while since I've been here, but had to comment: what about all those Eastern dudes using a pair of Black Duck dekes to hunt exclusivley Black Ducks? Might just be surprised at the "less is better" idea.

Virg

14. NOW you tell me!!!

15. Quack!!!! Quack!!! SSHHSHSSPLACHSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That actually could draw a strike for you and Rook, Randy....FINALLY!!!!!!:fish: Here fishy, fishy, fishy!!!!!