close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ice on kosciusko lakes yet?

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by musky fishin kevin, Dec 2, 2005.

1. just wondering if anyone knows if the lakes around kosciusko county are closed to boats yet?? I know the ballroom ramp at tippy was still open last week and fishermans cove at webster was broke open so boats could lauch, but gotta think that by now its gotta be getting thick near shore... barbee chain public launch was done last week with close to 2" of ice....

2. I drive in and out of Warsaw every day, but can't say I really looked. I believe Winonna just had a skim of ice along shore. Some ponds out side of town are skimmed over completely, others I've seen are mostly open. The lake off Lincoln Hwy was open I know.

3. Mostly skim ice, and a few channels with an inch..

Everybody's getting the "itch" I just hope no one rushes on like last year and goes through. :yikes: (73 yr old up at Wawasee this time last year)

I live here in Warsaw, Will post when Center/Pike and Winona get iced up.:fish:

Cmon Hard Water!

Sparky

4. not getting the itch..lol..wanted to get the boat out one last time.... based on the 5 degrees this morning in chicago, i'm guessing its officially ice time.... channels on barbee were almost at 2" thanksgiving weekend, but rain had surely thinned that by that monday... probably thicker today... have fun out there..may finally give it a try my self this year...

5. Kevin,

Just an update the lakes here in Warsaw are frozen. Center has about 3 to 4 inches with an open spot in the middle, Pike the same except for "Little Pike" which was completely frozen. Winona has open water but 2 1/2 to 3 inches around the edges, and little winona has 3 inches and should be making more ice today and tonight, Looks like about Friday we should be able to venture out for the first time this season....

Good Luck!

Sparky