close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice on!

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by JL, Feb 14, 2006.

1. I just drove by Appleman lake in northeastern Lagrange county and saw a guy out ice fishing.....

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Be careful out there

You guys be careful on the ice...going up to George this weekend to check it out...

Now, next best time to fish according to my Best Fishing Days guide:

Feb. 26 from Dawn to Dusk...if you can't catch fish on this day....start looking for mushrooms.

Cary

3. Cool - but I'm not going out till some fat guys are out there! :)

4. I know you guys like to hide your mushroom locations, but on the ice?
    I'm not falling for that one.

5. I resemble that remark too! It wouldn't be test for me until a couple of fat guys went out there :chillin:

6. I read where some guys were on Snow Lake Channels yesterday too. Anywhere from 1 1/2 inches of ice to 2 1/2 inches of ice. Clear lake at a couple guys on it too. This warm weather should cause some problems. It's going to cool down big time Thursday night.

For guys like me, I'm left wondering weather to take a chance on ice around here Sunday, or head north. I'm going to wait to see if any reports pop up Saturday. Otherwise, headed to Michigan to do some ice fishing.

7. Tomorrow's thunderstorms won't help...be careful, fellas.

8. This thread started out with a good report on Appleman lake. It completely thawed out after the big thunderstorms went through on Thursday. I pulled into the public access this afternoon and it is about 90% refrozen with about an inch to inch 1/2 of ice.

the South bay of big turkey had ice but I didn't get out to check. I think mother nature is just teasing us demoralized icefisherman! :)

9. Checked Fish Lake in Fremont today...2 1/2 inches in the channel but only 1 1/2 inches on the main.

10. Crooked(Whitley county)Lake....the east end is frozen, but only 3/4" thick....

11. Fished on 5 iches of ice today in Michigan. Only about 100 miles north of me. :) Caught close to 100 fish, but 70% of them were 4 inch gills. Kept 8 decent crappie, couple redear, and about 8 or 9 7 1/2 to 8 inch gills. Caught 10 bass that were released, and 3 northern pike that were released. Lost a good walleye in the hole.:banghead3

Ice was real shaky in some spots. Here's a couple photos from Sunday.
    [​IMG]

Yes that's open water in the background.:hide:
    [​IMG]

12. Good catch, BigBass if you need someone to help you eat those babies give me a call. HA! Look like a pretty day to be fishing of course any day is a good day to fish.

13. ice on

You guys have balls getting on that stuff......nice fish!

oldrookie