close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm going to try it over the weekend

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by bigling97, Sep 29, 2005.

1. :hide: :hide: Thats it I going out to Monroe this weekend and as luck would have it the DNR or Army Corps. or Engineers have or are lowering the lake does anybody know if it will be safe boating if they lower it 5 feet below winter pool and how about a little help with the fishing as of late. We are going out for bass.

2. You might want to check the DNR site. They did post a new fishing report for Monroe just today.

3. This is probably too late to be of much help but the boating is safe on Monroe, but you have to take it slow in the coves and flats. The main body of th lake is not all that deep when it's full, so you can imagine what it is now. The ramps seem okay, at least the Paynetown Ramp is useable. Launch from the south side of the ramp.

I fished the big lake for wipers on 9-30-05 and we probably got fifty or more between three of us. We never did find any large ones; ours averaged about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds. Fun fish to catch, even smaller ones. Another plus: there were virtually no pleasure boats on the lake. Imagine, no pleasure boats. If you didn't catch fish it would still be worth going to be on the lake when the pleasure boats were not. It is a nice lake when undistrubed.

4. Thanks , we actually had to reschedule it for this weekend so thanks for the information.