Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Indiana DNR

22K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  blackoak 
#1 ·
If anyone happens to know an Indiana DNR officer who would be kind enough to participate in this forum to give informative answers I would be greatly appreciative.

#3 ·
Good Luck if you do. They as well as Biologist tend to shy away from public message forums. They get chastised and belittled on other public forums for their honest answers. Mostly by people who did not get the answer they wanted to hear. If you find one willing to do so, feel very lucky and make sure you moderate that message forum extremely well, one attack and they will be gone. Plus, you will find that time becomes an issue with an already understaffed IDNR.

Ray Rigby

#5 ·
Thank You

Thanks DNRLAWMAN for joining this site.Haven't heard from you for awhile.How was your TRIP and Time off? :) :) :)

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Brewer,
Vacation was great! Came back to one day off then was sent to Atterbury for a week for training. Back at home now working on backgrounds for new CO applicants. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be caught up and back into the swing of things.
Ray not to worry I've got pretty thick skin and am here to stay. As things get more and more busy answers will come with a little time delay sorry for the inconvenience. ICOKnoy

#8 ·
New Names

HAy Did you DNR guys get new names.......What happen to DNRLawman??:coco: :confused:

#14 ·
God Bless the COs!!!

Howdy all. I just want to clear up one thing. You guys know that I've seemed to "bash" the IDNR in the past with some things I've said. First off, I don't mean the ENTIRE DNR...Officer Knoy, Officer Deem, etc. know how I feel about them. We'd all be helpless without them. COs are overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, and understaffed (to name a few). COs fill a cog that can't be filled by just any Tom, Dick, and/or Harry out there.
My comments (for better or worse) are always aimed at those in charge of the Deer Management segment of the IDNR...NOT the Dept. of Natural Resources in general. While this may not go over well with everyone, I understand; there are as many opinions out there as there are hair colors and facial features. With this said...most of you know some of my opinions, but then again...you know what they say about opinions. I just think there is room for improvement in the deer management segment of the DNR.
I am friends with Rod Clear, am getting to know Pat Heidenreich and John Deem, etc. I've known Mike Saffin practically my whole life, and score deer with Dan Belwood. I am NOT against COs. I want you guys to know that.

Keep up the good fight gentleman!!!!

#16 ·
How You Been???

Hay how you guys Been? haven't heard or seen any one for a while...Hows the summer going??:)

#22 ·
Non Resident Hunting

I am coming up to Indiana for Thanksgiving next week and have some family land I am looking to hunt. I am only going to be able to hunt for a couple days and am looking to see if the 5-day non resident license includes deer? Any information will be helpful. I will be hunting in Clinton/Terre Haute area.

#24 ·
Hunting from a boat

This ones for the COs my wording may be off as I dont have a reg book in front of me but I believe it states that one may hunt from a boat that isnt under power from a motor?..So my question is this if I was to shoot a squirrel from my bass boat then use my trolling motor to retrieve it would that be legal?..Thanx in advance Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.