close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indiana Percussion Association State Finals!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Fuzzy Muzzy, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Today I had the HONOR to go see my daughter perform at Ben Davis high school for Northview High School's Indoor Percussion Ensemble.....Not only that, they are NOW the INDIANA PERCUSSION ASSOCIATION State CHAMPIONS in thier class! I am very proud of my daughter and her drumline! She plays 3rd bass drum for them. They were AWESOME!

Just wanted to brag!
    Fuzzy
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  2. Congratulations to you and your daughter Fuzzy. My grandson attends Northview and I know they have a long and proud tradition of excellence in band competitions. I've been to a couple of freshmen football games where the marching band had started to practice well before the game began and and were still practicing after the game ended. I swear the band members had to have been more tired than the football teams.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Thanks for sharing the info and picture.

4. Thanks all. My Daughter is a freshman there as well dleslie. This is the FIRST year Northview has had a drumline for the IPA competition. She lost sleep several nights over wether or not she would make the drumline. I guess it was a tight race for the spots. Her and my other daughter both are in the marching band as well. My other daughter is in 8th grade and played trumpet for the high school marching band. I'm so proud of them both.
    Fuzzy

5. Cool - Lots of youthful energy channeled in a postitive way - Kids get to feel like they belong and to a postive thing! Everyone ought to get their kids involved in good programs like these. :)

6. AMEN TO THAT goggleye57 !!! Get those kids involved wether it be in sports, hunting, band, whatever.......It helps thier self confidence sooo much! What stinks for me is, I live 4 1/2 hours from my kids and can't attend every band performance my daughters are in or every football game my son plays in. I do my best to make as many as I can though!

Fuzzy

7. congrats fellas...and as a formal football player, they absolutely practice longer than we do. I remember during two-a-days they'd be practicing when we got there at 8 and still be practicing when we left at 7...crazy band members haha.

congrats again!!