close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indiana youth season

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Buckhunter, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Does anyone know the outcome of the proposed Indiana youth season. If so what are the rules and dates I have not been able to find out anything on the IDNR web page.

2. hunt rules

youth must be 15 years or less on days of the hunt

Hunt is Sept 23 and 24

All legal weapons for Indiana are legal for youth

ONE(1) antlerless deer only for the two day hunt, this will not count agaist regular season quota for that county or the 329 deer bag limit....lol

Youth must have a youth license..... adult does not,

Adult must be close enough to youth to take charge in an unsafe situation

Adult can not posess a weapon

All deer hunt time and other rules apply

Check a Fish & Wildlife area to see if they are participating in this hunt

State Forrest and Hoosier National are participating

3. mixed blessing

DON`T GET ME WRONG, I THINK THE YOUTH HUNT IS A GOOD IDEA. HOWEVER, I DO NTO LIKE THE TIME OF YEAR, I THINK IT IS TOO EARLY IN THE SEASON. WITH THE WOODS IN FULL FOLIAGE, IT IS GOING TO BE HARD FOR ANYONE TO SEE A DEER. THOSE THAT HUNT OVER A FIELD MIGHT NOT HAVE IT AS BAD. HOWEVER ,WHERE WE HUNT IS ALL WOODS AND THIS TIME OF YEAR YOU CANNOT SEE 20 YARDS.

I WOULD PREFER A LATER DATE, PERHAPS THE END OF OCTOBER, IT WOULD ALSO BE A LITTLE COOLER AT THAT TIME.

4. Thanks guys thats all I needed to know. I don't know why the DNR web page has nothing about it.