close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indiana's Opener

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Doc Holiday, Nov 16, 2006.

1. How did yall do? We really knocked the heck out of the quail but didn't really bag too many Roosters, still some corn up and need some colder temps. But the Quail hunting was the best I have ever seen moved 7 covies in two days Shot a plenty of them a couple doubles and gonna have two or three of the little sky rockets mounted. My one dog is a diffenent quail dog the other likes to point them but he is a better pheasant dog? Have you guys ever noticed a difference in dogs noses between birds??

2. God I'd love to go quail hunting again, they're extinct for all intents up here. Every time I think I notice enough difference in the dogs' noses to say, "This one has the better nose" they make a liar out of me.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Doc, where abouts do you quail hunt? I go down to Mongomery IN every year...between Logootee and Washington in Daviess Co.

My Brittany is actually better on quail than pheasant...mainly because the little critters don't run as much.

If you look at my avatar picture, it was taken last year with Megs pointing a covey....Hard to get a picture of a dog pointing pheasant because of the cover that is hunted.

4. 3 Guys shot 21 in two days around francisville, Winimac and Rensaleer last weekend. What a blast. I love the sky rockets more than pheasants, don't get me wrong I still like the pheasants though.