close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indy Outdoorsmen: Local Full & Part-time Positions Opening

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by Riff-Raff, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Hello, I am fairly new to this board. I was invited to check it out by one of the admins a few months ago. I have come here everyday since religiously and love reading the info. The knowledge base is top notch and the members are friendly. Thanks to all the guys that make this site possible.

My name is Jim and I am the manager of the “Lodge” at the Dick’s Sporting Goods, East Indy Washington Square Store. If I’m not at work, I am probably fishing or in the woods (or thinking about fishing or the woods).

First, and most important, I would like to extend an invitation to all members of this site to drop in the Lodge, have a look around and say hello. Some members stop by on a regular basis. I would really enjoy having some more members stop by and introduce themselves.

The reason for this post is that I wanted to tell you about a great opportunity for the right person(s). I am looking to fill 1 full-time position and/or 2 part-time. For the part-time position, the hours are extremely flexible. We have some associates that just work a few hours a week and others like me that love it enough to make it a full-time career.

The company may be running ads for the positions, but I know the type of person we are looking for is possibly a member of this site.

You will enjoy getting out of the house, being surrounded by hunting and fishing “stuff”, get a descent discount, learn a ton of cutting edge outdoor knowledge, and be able to share what you know with other outdoorsman just like you. The beauty is that you will be paid to learn about ALL aspects of the outdoors.

If you’re interested, stop by the Lodge, look around a bit, say hello and grab an application. You can also PM me if you have any questions.

Note: I realize this isn’t a career forum, but felt that the post was appropriate in this instance. I feel lucky to do what I do for a living and simply think this is a great opportunity for someone else that loves the outdoors.

Thanks guys!

Jim aka Riff Raff

2. Sounds like a good opportunity for someone.:coolgleam Hopefully, a good candidate will turn up.

3. The drive doesn't leave me much margin or I would be on it in a heartbeat...

4. Yeah...if it were the one by me in Mishawaka...I'd probably look at a few hours/week....in the off seasons (LOL) Good luck finding a candidate!

5. Man if I was young again and didn't have bills or bills or bills. I would be there with resume in hand. Hopefully you'll get some good candidates from this website.

6. Wish it were in Greenwood. I think Indy is too far of a drive for me every day.

7. I think Prairie Creek may be to long of a drive. Darn and I could use the money.