close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Interesting clip.

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by IndianaHick, Feb 27, 2007.

1. that right there is why i do ALL of my repairs myself! that is sickening.

2. WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing that.

Al

3. I'll top that story..................I went to a "jiffy lube" type store years ago and had my fluids changed in my S-10 Blazer. 'Bout 5 hours into the trip to Kentucky the next day my tranny failed..........
    ......................they "forgot" to fill it back up. :bash:

$1,800 later and one fired employee..........I had a new tranny. :coolgleam

4. I took my '89 Saab commuter car to Midas in Warsaw for an OIL change. They drained the trans fluid then added another 5 qt of oil to the engine (oil never got drained since they drained the trans fliud and not the oil). I started down HWY 30 and the engine started to rev up and I wasn't gaining any speed. I turned around and headed back popped the hood...the oil was gushing out of the oil fill spout. They relized what happened after I explained what was going on. The store owner was called and he told me he would drain all the fluids and refill them for me....what a great guy!!:bash: I was like no way this is going to even things up frp the damge it caused. I requested an insurance claim be filed. Next day adjuster came out and totalled-out the car. Bought the car back from the insurance company for $200 and drove it for another 6 months.

5. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Had contractors come in and change my oil on my work truck, next morning i started my truck and got about 1/2 mile to a major intersection when i lost power, You guessed it, forgot to put oil back in it..Oh well i got it changed out for a much newer model with air conditioning, so im not to upset...lol

6. WOW. Pretty crappy is the top dog, "DISTRICT MANAGER" can't take responsiblity for his departments. That is why I like small town business and know the individual who works on the truck. Go Jack's!

7. I took my 05 Impala to a jiffy lube in fort wayne (on coliseum by the mall).
    After about an hour the jacka$$ comes out with an air filter that is OBVIOUSLY not from my car. I mean, I'm not mechanic, but i can handle the basic maintenance on my car. As such I have changed the air filter and am intimately familiar with said accessory. This thing was easily twice the size of my air filter and actually had a birds nest in it. After arguing with him for nearly 20 minutes he finally admitted that it wasn't my air filter and it was a stock one that they use on everybody to try to con them into buying one that's twice as much as one they'd buy from autozone.

8. great way to start my day

This clip you have posted took place in california. this Jiffy Lube franchisee was fined $1'000,000.00 for the actions of his employees. He was also forced to sell a number of his locations to keep his Jiffy Lube franchise. Yes we have all heard about, experienced or have seen a business not being as ethical as we have wished. I am a Jiffy Lube owner in crawfordsville indiana and proud of it! Bad employees, buisness owners,professional athletes, men of the cloth (yes priests) poachers and drug dealers are out there. But!!! those of us who follow the rules, have good morals and are struggling every day to make a living will put up with the bad apples. If you are a Jiffy lube customer please continue. The Fort Wayne Jiffy Lube stores are owned and operated by Steve Sanners who is as passionate about quality service as i think i am. He will call you personally if you have experienced a problem as so would I. thank you indianahick for allowing me to explain that all of us in the auto service buisness are not a$$holes as was posted in some other posting.

9. I`D DEFINATELY REPORT THIS INCIDENT TO THE OWNER AND PERHAPS THEIR CORPORATE OFFICES. DO IT FOR YOURSELF AND AS MUCH, DO IT FOR THE OTHERS OF YOUR TOWN. THAT IS DOWN RIGHT THIEVERY PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

DBURRIS, I UNDERSTAND YOUR POSITION AND APPRECIATE YOUR POST ABOVE, BUT SOMEONE AT THE FT. WAYNE STORE NEEDS FIRED. THERE IS ALWAYS A FEW BAD APPLES..., WE MUST TRY TO PLUCK THEM FROM THE TREE WHEN WE SEE THE WORM..