Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say hey to all have heard a lot about this place and decided to try it have not heard anything negative,does anyone fish patoka lake on a regular basis? i have heard a lot about patoka ,but have never fished there any info would be greatly appreciated .am going there last week in april first week in may thanks all and happy fishin.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Howdy, and welcome to the site! Never fished Patoka, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding people who have!

·
Registered
30 Posts
WELCOME HH1, PATOKA IS MOODY THAT TIME OF YEAR, BUT IF YOU DON'T FIND SUCCESS NEAR THE BANKS, TRY MOVING ON UP INTO THE RIVER AREA, WE'VE HAD GOOD LUCK THERE MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE DEPTH VARIATION. THEY SEEM TO CONGREGATE THERE WHEN THE WEATHER CHANGES ALOT. GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO!:fish: :fish2: :fish:

(P.S., IF YOU CAN, BRING ME SOME GIANT MUSHROOMS BACK! WE'LL CALL IT EVEN FOR THE FISHING TIPS!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Try to get out to Patoka at least a couple times each summer, I'm not a regular or tournament fisherman. One fun thing to do is to camp in the primitive area on the peninsula and fish from there. Spring is a good time to do that before all the traffic starts.

Eric

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
patoka

welcome !!

i live not far from patoka about 30 nwest. don't fish it much. if you aren't doing anygood there come to boggs lake it has some huge crappie and a bunch of em. slayed em last yr. great bassin too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Fished a couple tournaments there last year in April.Fished the coves of Ramps creek did alright but could walk across the boats on the lake. Alot of tournaments are held on the lake. If your just going for fun try Boggs lake alot of good fishing there. Big bass and big crappie. Good luck whichever u choose.:fish:

·
Registered
448 Posts
welcome

patoka is a great lake but takes time to learn. Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
west boggs horrible fishing not worth your time, I will fish it enough for the both of us! County managed lake is definately one of the best I have fished
keep your powder dry
DBurris(posuum)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts