Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

IS Fishing and Camping Trip

19K views 199 replies 31 participants last post by  Dean Weimer 
#1 ·
Well, after the tremendous success that was the scoring session at Gander (thanks again Dean, Scott, Bill, and everyone else that made that happen), we have discussed another get together, and got our ducks in order so to speak.

June 9th and 10th, a saturday and sunday, how about we get together at Chain O' Lakes State Park in Albion, IN. Here is the website with more information. http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/park_chainolakes.html

Website has more details, but there are cabins and camper hookups, and tent sites, and best of all, LAKES. Campfires, fishing stories, hunting stories, just good times with great people. Figured we might as well just set a date, and try to make it work. No sense waiting any longer.

Again, JUNE 9th and 10th, Chain O' Lakes State Park...alright fellas, let the discussion and planning begin....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#3 ·
Like the other get together, its too far north. Do any of you live in central or southern Indiana? There are alot of places down here, lets make the next shin-dig a little further south. Dont worry guys, we wont let these spooky southern hollers get ya.
I'd like to see something a little more centralized too........not trying to disrupt the Chain of Lakes plan, but maybe we could all plan something on another date and at a location where more members might attend.

#7 ·
I agree

I would like to see and would attend something in a more centralized location also. I am at the disadvantage of not actually being from the middle of the state or having any real knowledge of the middle of the state. So myself and some others went about picking a date and getting it set for an area that I was familiar with.

Come on guys, whole lot of weekends left in the summer. :bonk:

Come June 9th and 10th though, I'm hittin the Sand-Rivir Chain in Albion. :bouncy:

Anyone else in? :fish:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#9 ·
Good idea tmarsh.

Unfortunately, I can't make it. My family and I will be camping at Potato Creek that weekend. My oldest wants to take her horse camping so we will be going to Potato Creek a couple times this summer. Just happens we've already schedule the weekend of June 9.

#11 ·
Like the other get together, its too far north. Do any of you live in central or southern Indiana? There are alot of places down here, lets make the next shin-dig a little further south. Dont worry guys, we wont let these spooky southern hollers get ya.
how about us that live south indy that dont want to go up ther pick some where central/southern ? any takers

#13 ·
I will be fishing the Top-8 at Monroe that weekend, but I think its a good idea. Maybe we can get together after that around central Indiana, maybe at Monroe(Bloomington) or Raccoon(Rockville) for a weekend. Or Treehugger and Dleslie may know some of the strip pits out west where we can camp?

#15 ·
Gang tree has been trying to get something going down that way and toward him for over a year. tmarsh I am in for about anything that's got to do with fishing/hunting or just getting together. Why don't some of the gang try to come up with something this spring/summer or fall an we can talk about it at the Indy show on Feb 17th. I think it would be a blast.

#17 ·
It would be great if something could get set up in the central part of the state, and I would do all I could to attend. Things get busy really quick in the summer, so I wanted to get something setup that people could start planning for if they wanted to attend. Obviously from this thread we have seen that some people are already busy on the days we are going to do this. It just seemed better to me to pick a date and run with it.

So, that is what I did. I hope some people choose to make the trip, I understand if some can't or don't want to, but I still think it is a pretty good date, and a pretty ok place to have it for those that can make it.

I hope another outting is planned, and I will certainly try to go. But for now, I think I am going to continue to try to get a group together at Chain O' Lakes State Park on June 9th and 10th.

Who is in for this date and location, and what ideas do you have for it?

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is still EO. Fishing is better off the main lake, and in spots where shore fishing doesnt work. Norman and Miller hold some nice gills, and I have had some decent luck with bass too. Main lake very hit and miss from what I know of it. I think Norman is still tough to get on with a boat though, not sure of the launch situation, might be a carry on...Like i said though, I have had pretty decent luck on miller...

#24 ·
#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.