close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is it Me or does everyone feel the same?

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Hetch Muncy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. I wish they would change the season date for Wild Turkey to open around 11 April, I think most of strutting happens early in April.:bash:

2. Hell, I can get Wild Turkey any day of the week but Sunday... and even then if I go over to Michigan... :evil:

3. Ever had this kind OIS? DARN I wish it wasn't empty :(
    Fuzzy
    [​IMG]

4. The second saddest thing in the world is an empty Bottle...

The Saddest is a full bottle you can't even sip because it interacts with your meds... :(

5. In my opinion the season starts just right. I myself wish the season was longer and we could take 2 toms. But then again Im a turkey hunting fool. I love it and wish I could hunt them year round...

6. Now now Arrowmaster... let's not turn this into a OTR debate... :bonk: :tongue:

7. OTR, that was funny:tongue: :tongue:

8. I would like to see the season open a little sooner as well. I'm as far north as you can go in the state, and the toms have been strutting for a week now.

9. I don't know JL, you are still about a mile from the state line. I think I am as far North as anyone can get. Leave my property and you are on state line road. :biggrin: haha:biggrin: Anywho, I would like to see it open earlier as well. It stinks watching turkeys gobbling and strut for a week prior season and then somewhat slow down when the date strikes. I would like to see it.

10. i agree, i would love to see it open a couple of weeks sooner as well.

11. I'd just like to see a turkey around us. The area I hunt is a turkey black hole...no birds!

12. FireLt72

FireLt72 Staff Member Mod

There is a good reason for the later season, it has to do with actual gestation period. They are breeding withing the next few days and this ensures the next generation, per DNR. I like the later April early May time.

13. Wouldn't mind see it come in a week earlier if for no other reason than because I wouldn't have to wait as long for it to get here. LOL