close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Turducken worth the money?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Hetch Muncy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried a Turducken and are they worth the money?

2. Boneless and delicious. Get the cajun sausage stuffing. Very yummy

3. Big ole thumbs up here...big heck yeah on the Cajun!!!

4. I have always been intrigued, but never tried one.

Who in their right mind would dream up such a thing?

5. In addition to the aforementioned chuckey, some enthusiasts have taken it a step further, and come up with the turduckencorpheail. This is a standard turducken, which is then stuffed with a cornish game hen, which is then stuffed with a pheasant, and finally stuffed with a quail. The turduckencorpheail is not for the faint of heart; it is an extremely time consuming endeavor, as birds of the proper size must first be obtained, and then prepared.

Chef Paul Prudhomme brought renewed popularity to the Osturduckencorpheail with his own Osturduckencorpheail recipe. There is a similar dish in South Africa called the Osturducken, an ostrich stuffed with turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken.

A further variant is the gurducken, where the external bird is a goose, rather than a turkey.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2007
  6. I bet they all go good with gravy and a warm roll!

7. MMMMMMMMMMM....

8. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

Shouldn't eat anything with the word TURD in it, lol

9. where can one find this chickerduckenurkeyail??

10. What the heck is this???

11. I had a reply with a variant, but I would probably get banned.

12. Hey Tree a Tur duc hen is a three layered boneless roast sort of. The outer layer is a turkey inside the turkey is a duck and inside the duck is a chicken. All three are boneless and sooo delicious. Google Turduchen and you'll be surprised how many websites there are about them. I remember hearing about them 10 yrs ago or so but at the time I was too broke to buy one but now that I'm rich........ I've had two. Really good.