close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Isn't this the truth!!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by JoshS, May 18, 2007.

1. I realize some of you will say that we are still pay less (assuming cost of inflation) than in previous years. Does anyone else think that we will see between $4.00 and $5.00 a gallon gas this year?

Note: This is not a political debate!!

[​IMG]

2. $4 gas around memorial day...$5 by independence day...(more of your irony there James...)...bounce between 4.09 and 4.99 for most of the rest of the summer...

3. God, don't remind me. We are driving to Minnesota for our annual vacation in July. Last year, gas cost us $600.00!

2 vehicles,800 miles both ways, and the boat for the week. I don't even want to think about what we will spend this year. Since the price of gas will probably never go down, this may be our last year at Camp Liberty Resort.

4. I'm sure it will go up even higher before summer is over. I'm guessing for sure it will be higher around July 7th when we take off to drive to the gulf coast of Florida. We may never see gas below $3.00 again until around the next Presidential election (...that was not a political statement either, just a statement of how things operate around election time).

5. I understand your pain! We are going to New York next month and had considered making a road trip out our 6 day excursion. I started calculating the cost of gas, parking and everything else included and quickly booked plane tickets!

6. I am driving a school bus (short bus, van actually that is hopped up on steroids) down to Knoxville, TN next week and return Memorial Day weekend. I hate to see what that is going to cost! I am sure that we will be in the first born price range, approaching 2nd born.

7. so true its not funny...
    it actually hurts the back pocket where my wallet normally sits...but i had to sell my wallet to have money to drive to work

8. More irony!

9. With the gas as high as it is, I plan to just stay around home and fish and hunt. I live out in the country and not a lot of people around so I guess I will just stay on the hill and enjoy my self. GAS PRICES SUCK and the gov is leting it go on and on. Sorry not picking on any party TREE.

10. Foreign governments have taken to subsidizing gas for their citizens. Venezuela had 44 cents a gallon last week. Saudi Arabia was 32 cents approx. That's well and good for their citizens but it also ensures that oil companies are receiving premium compensation for that oil. In order to prevent that from negatively affecting profits they compensate by charging everyone else (The US and the uk) more for our oil. Gas prices would go down if we'd start drilling for oil where we have it on our own soil. I read an article that speculated that there is enough oil under alaska in that wildlife refuge alone to sustain this country for 10 years. Don't know how true that is but I'd be willing to look into it.

11. how many of you would have walked into this gas station after paying an arm and a leg and bought a bottle of water for 2 dollars per liter and a pack of smokes for 5 or 6 bucks?? (not sure the exact price these days, i dont smoke...sorry if i overshot) Thats two gallons of gas we're smoking and drinking.

12. normally i think you're full of it mudhole but i agree with ya here
    better plan on fireworks in our own backyards this year...and riding our bikes to buy them haha.

13. ANWR is little fish, it is the plugged oil fields over around Kodiak that are chaulked full of black gold.

"The Energy Non-Crisis"

14. That is (largely) true. But the only countries subsidizing Petrol are the Petro Producing Countries (except the US).

I spent too long paying $4/Litre+ to really grouse at $3/gal (less than 1/3 the EU Taxed price).

The only real way to lower Petrol prices in the US is to feed the Hippies to the Polar Bears... (&/or agressively develop Nuke-Electricity)

15. Best solution I am aware of...