close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just a little over a month

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by Hoosier_Steelheader, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Just a reminder we have a little over a month until most of us will pull the covers off our boats, You may want to contact your marina and schedule your spring tune up(s) Check the batteries in the garage, make sure they'll accept and hold their charge.
    It is sooooo much better to have the maintainence done before you go to launch your boat for the first time...:dizzy:

Sparky

2. I put mine back in the water a week and a half ago..... NO ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I'm with Crooked...I've fished the last two weekends out of the boat! Might have to bust up the ice a little this weekend though.

4. I am tempted to, but every time I think about it we get another cold snap!

5. If I put the boat in the water we will be talking about safe ice again!! Every time I jump the gun I have to scramble to pull it out before it gets iced in.

6. Good tips! I've been very tempted to drag mine home lately. I watched our local long term weather forecast last night and they are predicting avg. temps. the first 2 weeks of Feb. here to be around the mid-20's with potential significant snowfall...who knows...they usually can't predict more than 1-2 days out if they are lucky. I'll hold off until mid-Feb. and then all bets are off. It hurts to wait especially after reading where James Lyon is catching fish up in the tundra of northern Indiana. :banghead3

7. I would like to get a couple more ICE trips in, but Near the end of Feb I'll be pulling my Lake Michigan boat home and begin getting her ready:coolgleam

8. Time to schedule those tune-ups

Just a note to remind all you mariners now would be a good time to get your name on the list at your local marina/mechanic so there are no surprizes when we offload at our local lake next month. :fish: :fish2: