close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just brought her home

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by pigeonflier, Jan 29, 2006.

1. I have been looking for a new shotgun for about 1 1/2 months. Went to all the gun stores around looking for a 11-87 28" barrel. Was hoping for camo but was going to settle for black synthetic. Best price I could find was $507 for a 11-87 sportsman with black synthetic. And that was for buying 2. For me and a buddy. Camo was going to get upwards of $750. Just happened to look at Walmart yesterday and guess what they had. 11-87 sportsman with mossy oak and 28" barrel. No sale--- regular price $498.. Had to bring her home.. What should I name her.. BK BIRD KILLER.. Float'em all

Who would have guessed walmart. Not me. And no one around here could even come close to that price. Had to buy 1 in Elkhart and the other in Warsaw. Got to drive around alot.

2. Nothing like finding that special one and bringing her home...great deal!

3. All lined up together.
    The combo i wanted was 28" barrel---camo---3 inch chamber and had to cycle with light dove loads.
    Was having a hard time finding a gun with all that. Most camos were chambered for 3 1/2 and most of those were not cycling light loads without some kind of adaption. I dont shoot 3 1/2 so it was a waste for me there.

And then there it was a very reasonable price. The entire gun I was looking for. Man I cant wait till Sept. Wait we still have some fishing to do.:bonk: :corkysm55

4. Nice gun, I agree with the 3 1/2 inch sentiments. Just let them get in close enough and a 3 inch will do the job!!:)

5. Everytime. Dont shoot till you see feet