close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just North of Grissom Air Base??

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by mich buckmaster, Jan 21, 2005.

1. There is some fantastic looking ground just North of Grissom Air Base and a little farther north, just north of a pretty good sized river.

I go through there all the time and have seen a few great bucks, with a lot of turkeys.

I am hoping to get some Northern Indiana hunting land soon. I want to take my son out when he gets a little older, in MI they have to be older.

2. Probably the Wabash or maybe the Eel Rivers. The Eel goes into the Wabash at Logansport. Area of Cass and Miami County. There is a lot of beautiful country along those two rivers. Deer hunting can be really good in some areas and not so good in others. I used to live in that area until I moved to the Northeast part of the state.

3. That is the Wabash river you are talking about. I live in Logansport, i actually hunt a place about a mile away from the Eel river. I have an uncle who has hunted some of the ground north of the base and along the river, he has told me quite a few storys about the bucks in that area. Googleye is right, some places in this area are absolutely fantastic hunting, and others are very poor.