close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

knots?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by rico, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Just wondering what kind of knots everyone out there ties.

2. You know,, the one where you spin it around five times and stick it through the loop.:coolgleam

3. Palomar knot...the easiest, strongest knot out there.

4. I use four, the palomar, for terminal tackle…small lures, swivels that type of thing.

Improved clinch knot for larger lures and leaders off a swivel.

Nail knot for line to line…making leaders for fly fishing.

Surgeons knot for loops, or tying on a dropper, also useful for fly fishing.

5. Yeah that!

6. Only one: Palomar!

7. well not being to knowledgable on knot tying i almost always use the polymer knot. sorry about the spelling.

8. I forgot to mention the knot for the super slick braided lines...the double granny with a twist!

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I've tried others, but always go back to the improved clinch knot...was on a palomar kick for awhile. I guess it's what you grew up with and is the easiest.

For tying two lines together I use a (I think it's called) a surgeon's or blood knot.

Anyway, Babe Winkelman uses the improved clinch...good enough for me.

10. animatedknots.com has a nice website that shows you step by step how to tie a new knot for fishing or any kind of knot. I found it pretty cool.

Mine is the Palomar.

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  12. Quail I didn't know there was that many knots. I am with pigeon twist it around 5 or 6 times and stick it back threw the hoop.

13. ....and you blamed the rattle traps for you losing all those fish...

14. Now I liked that!!!!