Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Central Indiana where there aren't any turkey. I do all my turkey hunting at Hoosier National. Last year was the 1st time in 20+ years I didn't even buy a license. They're too scarce. I've never even had a shot at one. DNR needs to do a better job of stocking turkey in Indiana.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I live in Central Indiana where there aren't any turkey. I do all my turkey hunting at Hoosier National. Last year was the 1st time in 20+ years I didn't even buy a license. They're too scarce. I've never even had a shot at one. DNR needs to do a better job of stocking turkey in Indiana.
I know in the Morgan, Putnam, Monroe, have lots of tukeys. I see turkeys every week on my way to work, not more than 5 or so miles from the Indy airport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see a lot of birds around where I live and travel Pulaski and Fulton counties but I don't have anyplace around here to hunt so I don't purchase a tag.

I used to squirrel hunt every year south of Bloomington in the National forest. I deer hunted the area a few times also. I never saw a turkey... I might have found a feather or two over the years. It's been a while.

If I were to go down there looking for turkeys I'd be looking for a completely different area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts