close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lagrange County Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Mushroom Hunting' started by goggleye57, May 7, 2005.

1. Finally got out and did some mushroom hunting. My wife and I found a decent sack of yellow morels up on the Pigeon River this evening.:) Too much work lately, and then when I could go fishing or mushroom hunting the weather was too crappy. Got to get my priorities in line and quit this extra work;)

2. Going to Northern Michigan after black morels this weekend. Will try the Wolverine area. Anyone hear any reports?

3. Michiganmorels.com..its a bulletin board. Its how i base my trip every year. Picked 104 huge yellows in last 2 days in Ligonier area. Groups of 15 or more not uncommon at all. Hit a patch of 41 this evening plus some. 53 tonight 51 last night. All in one little creek bed bou 1/16 mile long. MUCH more to hunt this weekend right there.

4. Thats true but I love the trip up North!:)

5. picked 63 last night so 3 day total is 167. Threw just as many rotton ones back or didnt even pick them as well last night. Its awesome. This rain and thunder i belive is the mushroom god:bowdown: :bowdown: yellin at me. Gonna have to upgrade to the 10lb. potato sack on sunday i belive/hope :corkysm55

6. Noblebowhunter - King of the Fungi:bowdown: good job Keith!!:)