close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Gage / Lime Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by COCKROACH69, Apr 18, 2006.

1. I Will Be Doing Some Fishing This Spring & Summer On Lake Gage & Lime Lake Need All The Help I Can Get How Is The Pike Fishing On Gage & Lime?

2. Welcome to the site, Cockroach. I have never had much luck on the pike in Gage, although I haven't fished for them much in there, and I'm not that good of a fisherman. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some giants in there, but I've never caught them on a consistent basis. I have better luck on smallies and trout in there.

3. Welcome to the site roach69

4. welcome to the site roach
    I've always known of Gage as a trout lake.
    Fairly sandy bottom in many places, and the water tends to be clear

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Actually, Lake George is a good pike lake (actually overrun with them). I catch them quite often trolling crankbaits (Rapalas, etc)...mostly perch colors.

6. Hmmm, I thought Cockroaches were afraid of water. Interesting!!!!:hide:

Stick to Gage, Lime lake has a bad pH level...it screws the fish all up!!!????:hide: !!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  7. cockroach(ME) & water

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  8. Lime can be good for a Few crappie and some redear. gage has some nice trout and perch. Crappie and smallies. i would start right out infront of the channel that goes from Lime to Gage. there sould be a large weed bed. trout can be had right now out infront of the creek that flws in down by the east end of the lake. that should get you on a few fish. if you need more help just ask. I live 5 min from the ramp there.