close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake George

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ccavacini, May 30, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Been fishing George since Thursday night. Catching bass on wacky worm...mostly in the channels still...Pike are hittng on everything...not much size...used a Perch Rapala in one of the channels...twitching it on top...caught 3 bass.

I think there are only 3 bass in the whole lake...I keep catching them...throwing them back, etc.

2. have you tried the point that comes out into the lake near the marina, that is normally good for a few bites, thats where we catch smallies and a couple of large mouth. or the mill pond if the pads are up. try swampberry plowjockey's and watermelon critter craws.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Did fish the point near the marina...nothing...used the swampberry plowjockey. Not sure exactly where to find the drop....or what's the best deph.

Caught some bass by the dam...all on Zoom watermelon 6" rigged wacky worm.

I'll try to find the point by the marina again this weekend. My wife likes to go out and catch some bluegill...we've been fishing in front of the channel by Kope Kon...been catching some. You mentioned earlier about the southeast corner....about what deph?

Been catching pike on a big Perch Rapala...trolled pretty fast in about 9-10' of water along sandy beach.

4. we caught them anywhere from the end of the docks out to about 10 foot. you should be able to go down there and see the beds in the 3- 6 foot range then fish out in the deeper water to find the bigger fish.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Thanks, I'll try for some bluegill this weekend (that is if the weather cooperates)