close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake James 07-09-05

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by Bigbass101, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Just got back in town late last night. Nice week of fishing while on vacation. I won't bore you with all the reports, but give you one from James that I haven't posted yet. I went back Saturday morning, hoping to find the rod I lost earlier in the week (long story).:banghead3 Couldn't check the spot, because there was some sking activity going on at 5:30 am in that general area. So I moved off to another area in the mean time. Caught around 10 largemouth with only one going legal length. Bass were caught on topwater, and brush hog.

While fishing the area, I spotted a 3 to 3 1/2 smallmouth cruising. No vibra tube in it's mouth Kevin.;) If I remember correctly, yours was bigger. Well, I'm on fish, and this boat with 3 anglers comes right up on me. Typical for the 4th of July week. They actually went right across the area I was fishing, and stopped. I could have casted right in their boat. Rather than say anything, I left to go back and look for the lost rod. I was able to check the area pretty good. No luck. Oh well, didn't really expect to find it anyways. Called it a morning, and went home after about 3 1/2 hours of fishing.

Lake still has a green algae bloom on it. So visibility in some areas is really poor.
    Good fishing to you guys this week.

2. Sorry bout the rude fisherman. But glad to hear you caught some fish maybe next time those 10 fish will be a little bigger.
    And yep my fish was bigger than that, atleast you saw one of those beautiful smallies to bad you didnt catch him. I think we are goin out there tuesday afternoon.Hopefully i will get another shot at a large smallie.

Thank you and good fishing to you also.