close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake James help

Discussion in 'Northwest Indiana Fishing Reports' started by savioman, May 14, 2007.

1. HELP
    A friend on mine is going to Lake James on the 20th with his son and needs some help on where and how to catch bass.
    I have tried to teach him what I know about bass fishing but I have never fished this lake.
    He is devorced and only has his son on weekends and whants his some to chatch a BIG bass.

Any ideas?

2. live bait...never been on james, but the answer is usually live bait...

3. Savioman, Lake James is very clear so tell him to use natural colors, shad, perch, bluegill colors if he's using artificial baits and trick worms or Sinko's(watermelon color). Big bass minnows and night crawlers strung out on a two hook rig work well for bass if he's using live bait. I would start in the canals and work my way out to the weedlines in the main lake if he doesn't have any luck. I've only fished it a couple times but that should get some fish in the boat this time of year. Good luck

4. I'm assuming this is not the Lake James in Steuben county since this is a NW thread. I'm no help if that's the case.