close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laser Rangefinders

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Duckz-N-Buckz30, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Who uses them? What brand make/model? Thinking about getting one in case I get to go out west anytime soon. Plus I thought it could be useful here during gun/mzldr season.

Let me know your thoughts.

2. I have a Leica rangefinder. I got it about 5 years ago before a trip out west and found it invaluable for those long range shots that frequently occur out west. Prior to that trip all of my hunting had been in woods and swamps and most shots were under 50 yards. Even thought I practiced shooting out to 300 yards all summer before the trip I still found that I had a hard time estimating long range shots. It came in very handy out there. I took a muley doe at arond 265 yards and an antelope at around 250. I used the range finder both times and without it I'm convinced that I would have shot low, since both critters looked a lot closer to me than they really were. Money well spent if you are heading out west.

3. I have a Bushnell sport and I use it all the time. When I get into my stand I usually pull it out and take a few shots for reference but the best thing I've found is that when I go for a walk in the woods or just walking around the back yard I try to guesstimate yardages and confirm with the range finder. Really helps me to fine tune for bowhunting.

Ed

4. I don't use range finders, i use my instincts ;) ;)

5. thanks for the info guys, i will check them out. i have been looking at nikon and leupold currently...anyone use these? i really like swarovski binoculars didnt see much for range though.

6. range finder

450 sport here....I really like it. Sells most place around $150. I bought mine on ebay at auction for $100 including shipping. Good Luck

7. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I got the leupold, i looked at all of them for some time. the thing i liked about it best was the feel, it is smaller and fits in the hand great. the nikon i was looking at was a little larger and i felt i had to stretch my hand to reach the button on the top. But i did like the numbers that came up on the screen on the nikon, they were larger (bolder) than the leupolds. i paid 299.00 and feel i have a great product and would recomend it!

Seabee

8. I`VE GOT A BUSHNELL SPORT, WORKS GREAT FOR ARCHERY SEASON. I DO NOT BOTHER WITH IT DURING GUN SEASON AS WHERE I HUNT, IF I CAN SEE IT I CAN HIT IT. I TOO RANGE PARTICULAR TREES AND LANDMARKS FROM MY STAND WHEN I GET UP, THEN COMMIT THEM TO MEMORY. YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WHEN A DEER IS SPOTTED TO TRY TO RANGE THEM THEN. THE EXTRA MOVEMENT CAN GET YOU BUSTED.