close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lease Raffle

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by pigeonflier, Aug 14, 2006.

1. This is not just a deer lease, but everything is offered.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][size=-2]$1000.00 QDMA Hunting Lease Raffle. Base Camp Leasing has hooked up with the Quality Deer Management Association to offer a gift certificate good towards any Base Camp Leasing hunting lease. Certificate is good for 3 years from date of issuance. Good for renewals or first time leases. Drawing to be held at the Indiana QDMA Branch Banquet & Gun Raffle on Saturday, August 19, 2006 beginning at 5:00 P.M. Hamilton County Fairgrounds, Noblesville Indiana. Need not be present to win. Come join in the fun and learn more about QDMA. Call 317-576-9520 for more information. Go to the right hand column of the website at www.basecampleasing.com to make a $10 raffle ticket donation for your chance to win a $1000 hunting lease. Alll proceeds go to QDMA. [/size][/font] [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][size=-1]Max # Hunters: no limit[/size][/font] [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][size=-1] [/size][/font] [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][size=-1] Total Price:[/size][/font] [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif][size=-1]$10[/size][/font]

2. I wouldnt support this raffle if I had too. The Base Camp Leasing operation is what is wrong with leasing today. Its a business man sticking his nose into a place it doesnt belong. It is not an outfitter, it is not a private leaser, it is simply just a guy making money off a group of people that are deserved of such treatment.

Some of you guys arent going to like what ive said, but the fact is that he is no good for hunting in this state. He leases land from farmers then over prices it and tries to lease it out again. Its a money making scheme taking advantage of people and our heritage. I have no room for people like this and I hope that others on this site follow suit. He runs around this state as well as others and leases land up by the boat loads and locks places up that eventually go unhunted. Ive seen it happen in Parke county. I hope others speak out about such practices and shut this guy down in this state.

3. You are entitled to your opinion. Thats what this site is for.;) Myself, I am waiting to find the right lease for me on here. Dont hate me, I need a place to hunt also.:cool:

4. $10 to hunt WOW what a deal. If you only have a small place to hunt then this would work out just fine.

5. I just leased 237 acres through base camp leasing that without them I never would have a chance of hunting. After losing my farm that I've hunted for free the past 19 years it was a hard pill to swallow to have to lease but now after searching for a long time I have a place to hunt with my kids. Although some might not like the concept of leasing I believe base camp is far better than what is going on in most of Illinois and Iowa with outfitters leasing the land and charging a yacht full of money to hunt for one week or in some cases even less. With base camp I got the property for a full year to me it is a bargain having the property for a year compared to a week. I do hunt with an outfitter in Calhoun County Illinois but have been watching base camps site and will lease the right property in a heart beat through them to get away from an outfitter.

Just my opinion though.:biggrin:

6. Here is something to consider. You claim that you couldnt have found that land any other way. If you had found that land you could have paid a considerable amount less for your lease. By nocking on doors and doing research, you could have saved literally thousands of dollars. This Steve Ming guy isnt doing anybody a service other than himself. He took advantage of you and made a hefty sum of money off you as well. I dont have a problem with leasing, its your perogative, and someday I might have to do it as well. However I do have a problem with the "sub-leasing" method this guy is doing. He leases the farms around this country and holds them ransom till someone pays him more than he leased it for. He has turned leasing into a business that is inevitably holding land that others could be hunting. Like i said earlier i have no problem with leasing land. Heck Farmers need that money these days. I do have a problem with people taking advantage of the situation in order to sub lease the land and make a profit off of it.

7. Hi "trdtnlbwhntr",

While many won't agree with your post; I CERTAINLY DO 110%!!! This leasing pratice has been going on in our state for about 20 years now, and has closed many areas to lots of Hunters. It small wonder that we have so many Deer, as there are fewer Hunter to harvest due to being locked out of their hunting areas. What these " leasing operations" are doing is taking a Resource (Deer or any game species) that belong to the people of Indiana, and attempting to make a profit off them. Back in the mid 1980's I wrote the state warning them that if they allow this leasing pratice to get a foot-hold it will spread like a Cancer, disrupting the sport of Hunting, and they should take measures now to control it! Leasing, should be against the law! Okay now, I am certain many who read this post wil say...."But the Farmer need to make extra money too..." Well we must realize that the Federal Government subsidizes the Farmers plus they can write-off operating expenses, and they most likely have crop insurance. They all aren't doing so bad, as one is led to believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  8. David
    I am not sure I agree with you as much as you agree with me. Like I said earlier I have no problem with leasing if it is a single contract between farmer and hunter... Farmers do need that extra money nowdays. Regardless if those involved want to believe it or not. I have family that are farmers and rather large farmers to be honest. They make it alright because they have the resources to be big producers. However at that small farms are being rolled under rather steadily because of lack of income. I do have a problem with
    sub-leasing which is what Mr Ming or Meng is doing at this point. If a person can reach an agreement to lease with a farmer thats great but when a person leases land then sub leases it for a profit, if it even gets subleased at all then i draw the line. I saw a rather large farm in Parke county sit empty for an entire season because base camp couldnt get the money they were asking for the lease. Now the farmer has a rather large deer population and nobody hunting his land. The farmer has claimed that he will no longer run the lease through base camp and has considered opening his land back up to the previous group of hunters.

9. trdtnlbwhntr,

I am sorry, as I might have been a little too harsh in my post. I find nothing wrong if a Hunter wishes to give the Farmer a "Tip" to allow him to hunt on the Farmers' land. What I do find wrong is some Business or outfit buying up hunting rights and selling them to Hunters at greatly inflated prices. This is what I intended, that should be outlawed. I realizes now I should have been a little clearier in my post, but I sometimes think too quickly. Anyway, your post was very excellent!:)

10. Excellent post!

11. It's pretty nieve of you to think I didn't do the research. I went door to door,sent out letters and followed every possible lead as did my hunting partners and was met with the same story everywhere we went. It is always "I have somebody hunting already or I don't want the responsibility. In a perfect world it wouldn't come to this but as everybody knows this is not a perfect world. Not all of us have the luxury of having family or friends that farm as you do so maybe you just don't understand how difficult it is to find a place to hunt. Sure I would rather not lease at all and I do agree that sub -leasing drives the price higher than needed but we need to face the reality that this is what hunting has become and we either deal with it or stay out of the woods. In the southern half of the state It's much easier to obtain land because of the vast amount compared to the northern half therefore land for lease does stay vacant for longer but in the northern half any decent piece is leased almost as soon as it becomes available. I respect your opinion and see why you don't agree with this practice but for those of us that have no other options I choose to deal with it so my kids don't have to use public land which up here is way to crowded.

12. And no I couldn't have saved thousands because I didn't pay thousands to begin with. most leases or in the $2000 range with some more and some less depending on the land. Out of this the leasing company gets a small percentage and the farmer gets the rest. Yeah he makes a profit but I bet it's not as big as you think off each property.

13. Buckhunter,

You don't owe anybody even a trace of an apology for leasing property. The mother hens of our society who are under the illusion that they know what a farmer should do with his property, or what you should do with your money, aren't worth wasting your time with.

Congratulations on securing a great spot where you and your children can hunt.

14. November MoonRise

i dont even know what to say to that.... I dont think anyone has suggested what farmers should do with their land. Not once have I suggested that. Re-read and see if you still think that those of us are still "mother hens"..

15. Below is a comment from David 4759 in this thread:

"Leasing, should be against the law! Okay now, I am certain many who read this post wil say...."But the Farmer need to make extra money too..." Well we must realize that the Federal Government subsidizes the Farmers plus they can write-off operating expenses, and they most likely have crop insurance. They all aren't doing so bad, as one is led to believe"

Mother Hen was the nicest summary I could come up with to describe the above statement.