close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

leasing ?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by hunter7x, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Not been on here enough to know everyones views on leasing property to deer hunt. I just had a very large tract of land leased out from under me. The property was in Parke county. We had very very good landowner relations, shot as many Does as we could/the law allowed. Once Mr. big money from Basecamp leasing and his $28,000 got done, needless to say we were out !
    One person has been hunting on this property for 13 years. We only had it for 3. But it still stung.

Anyone know the going rate for basecamp to take your property away from you ?? Try $30.00 an acre for some property and as low as $20 for others.

He told this landowner it was out of state hunters that would be coming. We asked what happened to shooting all the Does we could? He was told the state will issue the out of state hunters depredation tags so they wouldn't have to buy antlerless tags. Not sure if that is true or not, I didn't think they had depredation tags any more?

So anyway Boys, watch your land, theres big money coming and it's going to shape the way our kids can hunt as well as soooo many other things as we know it now.

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

The same thing happened to me and a couple of guys years ago...a duck lease near Rome City....Some doctors found out about the tremendous hunting (a conservation officer told them about it...) and they bought the whole 120 acres of wet land...the most beautiful hunting land I've ever seen.

3. I asked a district biologist about the depredation tags, and he said they do not give any out and haven't for 8 or 9 years. He also said the leasing agent told the land owner incorrectly.

4. The best hunts I have had have been in the last couple years and all have been PUBLIC LAND. There is a 800 acre public marsh by Rome City that holds lots of waterfowl. No need to worry about big money there

5. The problem around where I hail from is simple. There are still a lot of "small time" farmers. They work a factory job and so do their wives just to make a living. Most of them jump at the chance to make $2,000+ a year to lease out their 30-40 acre woods to a group of doctors from Fort Wayne. I am starting to get worried about my favorite mushroom patches.