Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have Friday off and no matter what the weather brings I will be still hunting 168 acres of hopefully productive deer habitat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sure should make the tracking easy if we get all this snow they are forcasting. It's snowing pretty good here right now. I heard something like an inch an hour.

Good luck out there tomorrow.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was out last evening and still had snow on the ground from last Sunday. The trails in the woods looked like a herd of elephants had ran through there and in one spot i found 2 different scrapes where the dirt had been kicked up all over the snow. I seen 15 deer total, a group of 5 and then another group of 10, all in the cut corn field. I'll be out tomorrow as well hunting this new snow, i love how the deer stand out in this stuff.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My buddy Kelly Peters from Marion harvested a very nice doe....It was a long drag back to the fire trail but the snow made it easier than normal....Yes, it was cold!!!!:bonk:

·
Registered
1 Posts
!!!! 3rd Year No Deer !!!!

Im from fort wayne for the past 3 years i have been hunting the huntington area by the roush dam and still i have not seen anything but a doe in firearms season. I sure would like to know where you seen all these deer in hopes possably I could get my first after 3 years. My email is
[email protected] :dizzy: :banghead3 :confused: :help: :hide: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Deer Hunting is like real estate - location-location-location! I think the best deer hunters (certainly not me) must be experts at hunting and with dealing with landowners :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts