close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lifetime Lic.

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Sjgriz18, May 25, 2007.

1. I heard and found on the web, that the DNR is going to bring back lifetime lic. to be sold again. As anybody else heard of this, and the timeline they are going to it? What does everybody think about it, if they do bring it back?

Thanks

John

2. Not going to Happen...you been mis-informed...sorry

3. DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL

Citations Affected: IC 14-22-12-7.

Synopsis: Lifetime hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses. Makes
    permanent a provision authorizing the issuance of lifetime hunting,
    fishing, and trapping licenses.

Effective: July 1, 2007.

4. And...??????????? :confused:

5. John Waterman (state rep.) told me that it had passed the house and My buddy girlfriend is a paralegal and she found it on the internet. But that is all i heard of it. I got the whole thing saved on my p.c and can send it to anybody interested, if they can figure out legal talk.

6. Brewersville Outfitters,

I agree with you whole heartly about the no rifles. This is Indiana not some state out in the west.

7. Sounds good, I need to upgrade my hunting to hunting/fishing ....

8. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Sadly, it will proly never happen again........:(

9. I wonder if their reluctance to resurect the Lifetime license is a result of it's impact on the annual license sales figures that are used to calculate Federal dollars that the DNR recieves? Do the Lifetime licenses that are already held count, or do they only count actual new license sales?

10. The lifetime licenses are counted using actuarial tables from the insurance industry. The lifetime licenses are included in the total count sent to Washington to determine the number of dollars we receive from the feds (Pittman-Robertson dollars for Hunting and Dingell-Johnson dollars for fishing) to support our DNR programs.

The reluctance to resuurect the lifetime license is understandable...THEY LOSE A TON OF MONEY ON THE DEAL!!!!! That's why it will not come back anytime soon. The only existing lifetime license I am aware of that can still be purchased is the senior fishing lifetime license and you have to be 65 years old for that. Hey, I'm almost there!!!

Jack

11. Jack, I understand your statement, but how can states like Tennessee still offer it to their citizens?

12. They might be a little more efficient with their funds, unlike our wonderful state.;)

13. What he said. I actually have no idea how Tenn or any other state can afford to continue the lifetime licenses.

Jack