Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Lifetime Liscense

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Hoosierbuck 
#1 ·
I always wondered why the IDNR would not adobt the pro-rated system for Lifetimes..You would think it would generate more money up front if for example a 50 yr. old could buy a lifetime for say $350 instead oh 23.75 yearly until he quit, "died,etc." Sorry,not to be morbid just looking at it from a bean counter point of view. I know of many people that said they would purchase a Lifetime but they thought they were to old for it to be of any savings to them. Just think of the income the state could generate by dropping the age and price accordingly.

#3 ·
I have an Indiana lifetime license. I'm sure it has saved me some money by now. But now that I've had it I value it more for the convenience. During Deer season i don't have to consider whether I need to go get an archery or an antlerless bonus or a firearm or muzzleloader, just make sure I have some paper, pencil and a piece of string on for a tag.:biggrin:

#6 ·
i'm glad i got mine

They are definitely much more convenient. I love mine...We figured them up when we bought them and if you were to buy all of the doe permits, turkey liscense, and fishing, you would pay one off in 5 years. It's quicker now that liscenses have gone up. I was given mine for graduation so i've been and will be able to reap the benefits for a long time. but like it was said...it doesn't matter anymore.

#8 ·
Price

When I got mine it was $720 for comprehensive hunting and fishing, which covers everything from liscenses to bird stamps for any season. Right before they cancelled them I think they were running around $1200 but I don't remember for sure...I'm sure someone knows who bought one more recently.

#14 ·
When I got my lifetime license, it was a gift for christmas from my girlfriend. I thought well if we dont work out or this is just a fling, I got my lifetime license out of the deal. Well I ended up marrying her, so I paid a dear price for my license...I gave my freedom...........my freedom guys.......my freedom, I must really love hunting....I mean I gave up my freedom.............

#15 ·
Down through history it has been said....FREEDOM DOES COME AT A HIGH PRICE...you do love hunting, you gave up your freedom for a Lifetime License...we should all look up to you...you truly are a Master Sportsman!!! :biggrin:
I envy you...I wish I hadn't been so dumb and let the opportunity slip away forever. :banghead3

#17 ·
Yeah its worth it, I love to hunt but before I was married the hunt was really on. I mean every weekend me and my "hunting buddy" were in bars and places where single women were, looking to "fill our tag". Then one day I saw this nice trophy with a huge rack. She fixed me dinner and we dated for a couple years. Last Aug. 20th I put that trophy on the wall to keep forever.

Nowadays "hunting" can be dangerous, you can get CWD, worbbles, or ticks from an old ragged doe, so use extra protection and keep your eyes open for that wall hanger you can call your wife.

well im outta here boys, its late and there is a hot rump roast in the next room I gotta get to.

Sometimes when the hunt is over, the best times are yet to come.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.