close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Limit at Willow Slough Put-N-Take

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Jeffro, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Nice pictures....love those Brittanys

2. Nice,
    The kid and I will hunt on Turkey day area # 14.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2005
  3. DD47~

Area 14 is where we were Sunday. The guy at check-in told me the main release area covered parking areas 14A and 14B (and more so towards 14A). We started from 14A. The small field on the west of the parking area is pretty slim but the next field over to the west is real good. Envision the treeline running north/south between the 2nd & 3rd fields west of the parking area 14A. Where that meets the treeline to the north there is a nice little grassy area tucked into the corner of these wood lines. On 2 seperate occasions Sunday we had 2 roosters each time hold up in that secluded area. The field all the way to the west of 14A gave us nothing. There was a lot of shooting early by the hunters that went straight north of the 14A.

Oh yeah... there's also a covey or two of quail in the woods north of 14A. ;)

Good luck and have fun.

4. Thanks for the infor.;)
    I'm hopeing my dauther gets her first this year.

5. We got 3 out of 4 not bad the kid got her first it was windy.
    We had a lot of fun and she can't wait to go again.:)

6. Yes, clean up is open (started today; Mon 11/28). I confirmed with a call to Willow Slough. In the release areas (5, 9, 13, 14) you can take either sex. Roosters only on the remainder of the property. You need to register at the check-in station and there is no cost.

7. That's right
    Check the ditches and trees and places that are had to get to.

8. They didn't clean up to good got to more today and seen tracks in the snow still more out their. ;)