close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

List of Processors

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by jaymac, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Is there any grand list either for the state or regionally within the state? I've searched the DNR website and am unable to locate anything there.

Thanks for any help!

2. THE " FARMERS AND HUNTERS FEEDING THE HUNGRY" WEBSITE HAS A COUNTY BY COUNTY BREAKDOWN FOR EACH STATE INCLUDING INDIANA. IT IS A LIST OF THEIR APPROVED PROCESSORS, NOT ALL OF THEM, BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT AS A GUIDE TO FIND ONE IN YOUR AREA.

3. Thanks for the tip...I will check it out.

About how much should I expect to pay for processing?

4. I paid 80 in 2004 for my buck, but I have paid 100 or more before also.

5. The going rate this year in my area is $80-$85. It's gotten way out of hand.

6. That's why I'm glad a buddy of mine built a cooler in his garage. I help him with his stuff and he helps me out. We do or own, steaks, burger,sausage, jerky,ect. If it wasn't for him I would not be able to afford to hunt deer and pay for the processing.

7. Thanks guys for the prices. I haven't had a chance to call around processors yet, but I'm sure they'll be pricey here in Indy. Good luck to all on opening weekend!

8. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

You have 2 options being in Indy, Archers meat market on 116th and the train tracks in fishers and Marsh Meat market over by Mechanicsburg "I think" and will pay around 90 bucks. hope this helps! Marsh is open anytime since they live there and are good oldfolks! I called them one sunday, waaaaaay after closing to check the hours and they answerd the phone and said bring it on in.

9. When I killed my first two deer in 2002 I lived in New Palestine and took mine to a guy in Greenfield. You have to call for an actual appointment and he butchers your deer right before your own eyes. 20 minutes and its done. This guy is good. I paid $70 per deer then but don't know what it is now. The reason for the need for an appointment is he has another job and just does this on the side out of his barn. But it is clean and he double wraps it in freezer paper.

10. I'll be hunting up in Miami Co. Is it better to take the deer to the closest processor? I don't mind going back up and picking it up when it's done.

11. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

jaymac where in miami co.

12. Near 124 and 550E I think. A friend's land. Says it butts up to the Wabash River. Should be good spot. I can't hunt it until closing weekend. Just too much other stuff to do. Where you hunting in Miami Co?