close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Local birds

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Doc Holiday, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Anyone been bangin the birds, I went last night and shot one.
    I am glad the deer season is out for a week it gives me a full week of bird hunting.

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Been doing well on put and take clean up....this weekend it's back to Roosters only.

3. Yeah, life finally got settled down enough again to stop and take some photos after the hunt.

This one was from Monday afternoon after work -
    [​IMG]

She must have locked up at first scent, becasue it was a long ways from here before the SPringer got the bird up -
    [​IMG]

Ahhh, after filling a limit Sunday we put up a couple of hens so I got the camera ready figurin' on another one or two in the area and this guy took off -
    [​IMG]

This was Sunday's limit -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more of the Springer. The darned Brit won't pose, if I tell her to stay or sit, she'll lay down, usually rolling over. That doesn't make for much of a trophy pose. -
    [​IMG]

4. Awesome photos...and good hunting!

5. Oh, went this afternoon with a guy from work that doesn't bird hunt but has 90 acres, soem of it in set aside. Off day for the Brit, but the Springer got up two birds, both roosters. He whiffed two barrels at the first, my turn to do the same on the second. Breeding stock.

6. Awesome pics! Take the picture of the brit with her paws up! If nothin' else, it'll be cute!

7. RPro - you are my new idol!!!!! Great shots...with the camera of course.

Jack

8. I hope you didn't park in front of that no parking sign.

9. I think its a NO HUNTING sign, lol Neat photos!

10. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Great pictues...how did you get the rooster to pose while he was flying....love the Brittany.....I think they're too stubborn to pose.

11. I just need a shotgun that patterns the same as the camera. I got a decent enough camera, just set it on continuous fire at a fairly high shutter speed. As it was I still very nearly missed him, he was on the bottom of the exposure and that was the only really decent shot. I just cropped it down.

No Parking, yeah, that's it....

12. Nice work!! I am back after em tonight with a little fresh snow to track the running ditch chicken

13. Yeah, this fresh batch of 'weather' ought ot put them back down in the cover where they're easier to find. Yesterday during the warmup the buddy and I that went out found them all over, but not as many as he expected. There's a standing corn field along one side of his place, pretty sure I know where they were.