close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Hnter Part 2--The Final Day

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by pigeonflier, Sep 15, 2006.

1. The last day of the season. Man was the fog thick this morning. Wasn't sure how it was gonna work. About 7:50 I heard the honks coming. Got into position and here they come. When they got close all I could see was locked wings coming all over. Had about 35 in the first flock. The first 10 or so were on their way down and then I jumped up. 3 shots and I had 2 on the ground. The rest went out and did a big circle.... QUICK GET RELOADED!!!!. Started on the call and got them to circle back. They came right back over the top of me and I got off 2 more shots, with 2 more birds hitting the ground. Rounded everything up and sat back down. Heard the honks coming again about 5 mins later to have another 40 locked on again. Fired 1 more shot to finish of my limit and the season. WHAT A RUSH!!!!!:woohoo1: :woohoo1: :woohoo1:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just don't seem fair shooting that guy's tame geese. He probably hand feed them bread crumbs all year.;)

Just kidding with you. I too slaughtered birds this year in a residential setting one morning.

Congrats. Good way to end a season.

3. These geese have been coming from the river in town about 5 miles away. Last 2 weeks they have changed their habits and they THOUGHT this neighborhood was safe...........:evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  4. Good deal pigeon, sound like a great hunt. Plus that's a good looking dog.

5. You sure all that honking wasn't from the 18 wheelers rolling down the highway??? Good job pigeon, you da' man on the bird hunting!!!

6. :bowdown: Nice shootin' pigeon!