close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a good bow technician

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by rackstalker, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I was looking to get my bow tuned early with a new peep and of course goint to try a whisker bisciut for the 07 year. I had great luck with the old guy at Gander Mountain on the southside last year but he is not there anymore. So im open to any suggestions. I hear Whitetail Inc. in Mooresville is good but he seems bothered when u ask them to do stuff.

Thanks

2. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

There is a pretty sharp guy at the gander in castleton, not sure of his name, PM oldrookie, i think he knows him fairly well, the guy knows his stuff for sure.

3. I used to take my bow to Carl at Shot in the Dark in Flint, near Angola. But here recently I have been taking my bow to Matt's Sportshop in Montgomery, MI. That man knows his stuff! I know that is a long drive for ya though..

4. IN MY OPINION THE BEST TECH IN THE AREA IS SCOTT OVER AT THE OUTDOORSMAN IN GREENWOOD. THEY ARE A LITTLE PRICEY ON THINGS BUT THEY DO OFFER GOOD SERVICE AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I WILL NOT GO TO THE GUY IN MOORESVILLE, TOO MANY BAD EXPERIENCES. HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS. THERE IS ANOTHER GUY OVER IN CLAYTON, WHICH IS CLOSE TO YOU THAT I HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT.

5. I take my stuff to The Outdoorsman Also. Scott is really good at what he does and will set you up

6. I use Scott at the Outdoorsman, also.

7. Around the corner archery I believe is the name of the shop in Clayton

8. Thanks

Thanks guys I appreciate it.....Ill have to give ole Scott a call!!!!!

9. Sea

I think that might be the guy that used to be at the south gander....I saw him friday at the north store---thanks

10. I know it's a drive, but if you are in Anderson you check out Girt's Archery.

11. DITTO!

12. I'll tell you if you don't mind a little drive from you. Call "Lonesome Elk Archery"
    Thats where i got my new Bow! One heck of a guy, and i think he said hes been working on bows for 30 years......His shop is in Terre Haute.

13. Thanks For All The Info

I finally went to clayton to Korner archery,only 20 minutes from my house, and got a whisker biscuit and tuned the bow up. Reluctantly i did have 14 arrows refletched in blazer vanes and surprisingly they shoot great. I really like the carter releases too. I have shot a free flight for many years and love it. He was laughing at my release since its in treebark camo---very old lol. Thanks for all the great info!!!