close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking For A Lease Partner

Discussion in 'Land Sale - Buy - Lease' started by BRICH60, Aug 1, 2006.

1. I`M KICKING THE IDEA AROUND ABOUT SPLITTING MY LEASE AN DLOOKING FOR A NEW HUNTING LEASE PARTNER. I MUST SAY THAT I AM SOMEWHAT APPREHENSIVE ABOUT DOING THIS. SOME OF MY PAST PARTNERS ONLY WANTED TO SHOW UP AND HUNT AND DID NOT WANT TO DO MUCH OFF SEASON WORK TO IMPROVE THE PROPERTY, IF THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU , PLEASE DO NOT REPLY. HERE IS THE INFO THAT I HAVE;

THE LEASE IS APPROXIMATELY 160 ACRES AND IS LOCATED IN MARTIN COUNTY, APPROXIMATELY 5 MILES OUTSIDE OF SHOALS. IT IS ADJOINED BY 180 ACRES OF THE HOOSIER NATIONAL FORREST. IT IS ALL WOODS, EXCEPT FOR A GASLINE RIGHT OF WAY THAT MAKES A GOOD SITE FOR A FOOD PLOT. APPROXIMATELY HALF OF THE PROPERTY IS BEING LOGGED AS WE SPEAK. IT IS GOOD FOR HUNTING DEER AND TURKEY. THE ANNUAL COST WILL BE APPROX. $400-500.00.

BECAUSE OF MY PROPERTY`S PROXIMITY TO THIS PROPERTY(ADJOINING) I AM GOING TO BE VERY SELECTIVE AS TO WHO I LET IN. I WANT SOMEONE THAT ABIDES BY THE GAME LAWS AND PRACTICES Q.D.M., WON`T SHOW UP WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF FRIENDS, IS WILLING TO WORK TO MAKE THE PROPERTY BETTER. IF INTRESTED, SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU.

2. land lease partner

Hello I'm new to the forum and I just read your post. I've never leased hunting land and don't really know the ins and outs but having to do work to keep it up does not bother me in the least bit. I live in Indy-not to far-I'm mostly a small game hunter but have no problem with deer and turkey hunting. I have a dog and a good one at that.Your price is right and Ild like to talk some more,even if we dont get together on this.

John Nash
    5811 N. Keystone Ave.
    Indpls.,In 46220
    317-252-9248

3. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Howdy neighbor, i live just around the corner from you. I am at 61st and allisonville Rd. I also have a weimaraner, whos name is Indy! just wanted to say hi!
    Curtis

4. Brich, I live in DeKalb County and am not looking to join a lease with you due to the distance, but I just wanted to comment that I think this is a very good idea. Are you familiar with David Brassuer? He's the guy that killed the 220" N.T. down in Martin during the 2004 Gun Season. Good luck on your lease partnership....it's a cool idea.

5. NO DEAN, I HAVE NOT MET HIM. I HAVE KNOWN FOR SOME TIME THAT THERE IS SOME GOOD GENETICS IN THE COUNTY. I THINK THE LEASE IS ATTRACTIVE AS IT ADJOINS THE HNF, WHICH DOUBLES THE AMOUNT OF GROUND THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TOO. GUN SEASON IT GETS CROWDED BUT DURING BOW SEASON YOU HARDLY SEE ANYONE.

6. Birch, I'd probably be interested. Only snag I've got is my neighbor and I are already looking for a place, now if you were interested in letting him join up too (We'd be the only two who'd come hunt it) I'd love to chat w/ you about it. If it sounds at all interesting shoot me an email and I'll send my TX number.