close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a pup

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by jackc99, Mar 28, 2007.

1. I'm in the market for a Brittany pup again. My old dog is 8 now and by the time I get a new one trained she'll be 10 so it's time. I'm looking for hunting stock, female that will be about 30-35 pounds full grown. It would be helpful if the litter whelped from March 1 on but nothing over 12 weeks and never under 10 weeks old? Any leads out there?

Jack

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Jack, I was in the same situation...my older Brittany just turned 8. Got my pup last June.

Here's where I got her: http://www.mapleriverbrittanys.com/

It was about a 12 hour drive from Ft. Wayne, but worth the trip.

She's a small female...her mom was only 30 lbs.
    Maple River Bit 'O Mischief --Missy --her picture is on the site

The pup in 8 months old and weighs only 23lbs...small but fiesty.

She's out of the Maverick line, a well-known line of hunting Brittanys.

If you do contact them, tell Dave (Anderson) I said hi.

Cary

3. Thanks, Cary. I was hoping to find a pup closer to home but I may give them a jingle.

Jack

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Jack, here's another

www.centerridgefarms.com

Guys on the Michigan site swear by these Britts...it's in Michigan. It would have been my next choice.

Cary

5. Jack I think you need a Pudelpointer...........

ART

6. Don't know if you've been to Royal Flush out by Rockville, but you might want to give them a call. There's a guide out there that's got some Britney's that might have some pups.

7. I know Jason and Royal Flush is closed for the season. Shawn did give me a lead on a littler but I haven't heard back from the guy.

Thanks,
    Jack

P.S. Art - pudelpointers are for the big guys who can hang on to that leash.