close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Luck during late archery???

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by krheude, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I'm going to try to get out in the field the last days of December and was just wondering how eveyone usually does during late archery? Usually quite a bit of success?

2. This is the first year i have ever hunted during late archery but so far in december i have seen more deer then i had seen all year long. During muzzy season i would see the same herd of about 25 deer every evening. The deer are still out there and as of sunday night i was still seeing bucks chasing around does in this second rut stage. Just hunt near the food and near the bed and you will see deer. Stay warm, man its been brutal as of late.

3. Late archery is one of my favorite times. The does are yarding up together so if you see one...you'll probably see several! In my area with the colder temps and several inches of snow on the ground, they seem to be on their feet longer too foraging for food. Plus that brown body against a white background??!!! You can see them from a mile away!

Hunt the food sources!

4. I love hunting the late season in northern IN when the deer are grouping up. It's been a few years since I've been able to, but I used to hunt almost every year with friends around Twelve Mile.

I've had some success over the years, killing 3 or 4 does in late archery. I hope to get out this year a couple of times between Christmas and New Years. The weatherguesser is saying it will be close to 50 degrees this weekend, which will alter the deer's routine until it cools down again.