close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lures for lunkers

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fish Hook, May 31, 2007.

1. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

what lures are you all using right now for bass? I will be fishing some small farm ponds this weekend. any advice?

2. Fish Hook, I normally am fip'n a Jig or casting a Buzzbait. If I were going to a pond I'd throw a Zoom or Berkley 10 inch worm. Black or red shad if the ponds not very clear or Watermelon if clarity is good. Don't forget to throw your buzzbait either.......GOOD LUCK

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I agree with the worms...you can never go wrong. I like to throw a Zoom Trick Worm....6" in Green Pumpkin...weightless. Use a size 1 or 2 hook. If weeds, go Texas...If no weeds try Wacky.

4. Fished a farm pond yesterday, anything that moved in the water was fair game...haha

plastic worms, i was using 7 inch, i like purple, black, or watermelon

and will is right on with that buzzbait...LOVE EM!!!

5. I use bee moths and spikes, OH yes thats for gills, but if a bass decides to hit it then it is for bass.

6. Buzz Bait Or Zara Spook In The Morning, If Cloudy & Windy Use A Spinnerbait, Still Doing Very Good On A Senko Worm Wacky Rigged,fished Real Slow On The Breaks ,bigger Females Have Moved Out After Spawning,and Are A Little Tough To Get Right Now ,they Will Now Start Moving Into Their Summer Patterns,fish Outside Edges Of Weedbeds,points,or Try Up In The Slop It Will Always Hold A Few Big Fish, If Using Sonar Find The Baitfish Balls And Work A Jigging Spoon Through And Under Them , This Is A Great Way To Catch Schooling Fish , Good Luck!!!!!

7. culprit worms redshad thats it don't need anything else

8. I use a lot of different baits, but one of the most productive is a purple countdown worm with red tail. It's weedless, and has a crook like a wacky worm.

9. I like a 4 - 5" tube jig, or a worm for plastics. I've been tossing the heck out of Mann's Baby -1 and -4's for crankbaits, but a buzzbait in the early morning around pads is deadly!

10. Yes...

...and yes.